Health benefits: Did you know that chocolate can help do the below and so much more
- Suppress your cough?
- Improve your mood?
- Protect your skin from the sun and fight cavities?
- Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol?
- Prevents heart diseases?
- Can relieve stress and improve your mood?
- A square a day can keep type 2 diabetes away!
- And that hot chocolate prevents memory loss?
Beauty benefits that can be derived from chocolate
- Can improve your skin hydration and complexion with a glow?
- Anti-aging effect “best facial massage pack” see the last article on chocolate mask
- Protect your skin from free radical damage: keeping it soft, supple and juvenile for long
- Effective in reducing hair loss, making it super-glossy
- And helps in minimising the odds of getting scalp infection!
Ps: The darker the chocolate the better.
Dark chocolate is made up of Cocoa 70% Ingredients: Cacao solids: 70% minimum. Ingredients: cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, natural bourbon vanilla bean. May contain peanuts, tree nuts, milk, soy, sesame and wheat
You can get dark chocolate at
- Food Lovers market (www.flm-tz.com)
- Shoppers supermarket (www.shoppers.co.tz)
- The village supermarket (www.village-supermarket.com)
- Chocolate Mamas (www.chocolatemamas.com)
There is considerable evidence that cocoa can provide powerful health benefits, being especially protective against cardiovascular disease. But of course, this doesn’t mean people should go all out and consume lots of chocolate every day. It is still loaded with calories and easy to overeat on. Maybe have a square or two after dinner and try to really savor them. Be aware that a lot of the chocolate on the market is crap. You need to choose quality stuff… organic, dark chocolate with 70% or higher cocoa content. Dark chocolates often contain some sugar, but the amounts are usually small and the darker the chocolate, the less sugar it will contain. There are of course other benefits to chocolate that I have not mentioned… such as the awesome taste.